Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Disney Dresses

Over the past couple of months a couple of dresses have been acquired (don't ask me how) and put on display throughout the store, and thankfully I've managed to get pictures of all of them to share with you guys!

Beauty and the Beast



A couple of days after Beauty and the Beast performed it's last Broadway show on July 29th (after a 13 year run), these dresses mysteriously appeared in the gallery. According to the little signs that were put up, each Belle dress has been different with every actress who played her, although the color scheme has always been the same. These 2 particular dresses were worn by Toni Braxton when she played Belle. The ballroom dress weighs over 50 pounds.

Even though it's pretty much common courtesy and common sense (especially since there are signs saying that these are authentic and signs that used to say "DO NOT TOUCH"), a lot of guests at the store go over the velvet ropes and touch the dresses, take pictures with them, and go behind them and put their heads on top of the manikins. That's why the ballroom dress is a little messed up. It irritates me like crazy. Thankfully these are no longer on display (everyone kept saying that by next year the dresses would have probably been destroyed from all of the rough handling). Good thing I got pictures when I did, because I had no idea that in the place of these would come...

Enchanted


Enchanted!!!! Sunday was host to the holiday overnight so when I went into work in the morning, I spotted these in the front display windows! I seriously did a double-take. I have absolutely no idea how we managed to get all of the key costumes. And I say all of them, I mean all of them. 5 costumes. Five.


I heard way back in the summer that the store was going to have a huge campaign for the release of Enchanted, but I had no idea we would actually get our hands on the original costumes. Thank god these are behind glass =P. I took these pictures this morning right before I went in for work. Sorry if the photos aren't so great; it was raining and because the store is on 5th avenue, you can see the traffic reflected in the glass.

Here are some really bad shots of the storefront so you have an idea on what the windows look like to the average pedestrian:


Gahhhhhh!! Stupid traffic. Hopefully the weather will be nicer later this week so I'll actually make an effort to get good pictures. From the right to left windows the costumes are: Prince Edward and Giselle, Giselle wedding, Giselle ballroom and Robert ballroom.

Oh yeah, Giselle's wedding dress also weighs over 50 pounds. It just doesn't look that ENORMOUS in the trailers, ya know? I can't imagine trying to get through Times Square night traffic in THAT.
I wonder how often it got dirty from being dragged all over the streets....

3 comments:

Sheenz said...

It's been a long time since I checked, I'm really sorry. I WANT TO SEE THOSE COSTUMES! O____O I really envy you now. Haha. Giselle's dress is enormous! 50 pounds?! Damn. But it's really really beautiful!

Mari said...

Hahaha it's been a long time since I checked too.

We also had Giselle's green floral dress inside of the store, but I didn't get a photo of it!!!! D= (And the displays are long gone now...)

Unknown said...

replica bags wholesale india replica bags supplier replica bags india